Monday, June 6, 2011

Noises from the crypt...

A few months ago I signed up for vocal lessons with the much accomplished Amanda Luyt. Vera had been attending lessons with her for a while and I thought it was time that I did something to turn up the volume in my voice.
I went with an open mind and much excitement, since I love learning something new...and I must say that I have been blown away! After only six lessons which involved laryngeal gymnastics and noises from the crypt, I can say that I'm very impressed with the results.

It's true that most professional musicians go for lessons, and professional athletes have coaches. That is why I believe that vocalists need a vocal coach. I can't express how much more I enjoy singing now...I guess as much as any one of the girls would buying a shiny new piece of equipment.

Vera and I will be performing at a Student recital on Sunday the 19th June. The venue is the cozy Barnyard theatre where you are able to bring your own eats and booze. There is also pizza on sale at the venue as well as a cash bar. No cover charge!

The numbers we have chosen to perform are classics from the recent and not so recent past....

I can't wait!
X
C

No comments:

Post a Comment